Dental Implants and Restorations by San Marcos Dentist
We all know how vital teeth are to our very survival; you need them to maintain a healthy diet as well as good overall health. Equally important is the cosmetic appeal of your smile. Many can attest to the simple fact that how your smile looks can greatly influence your self-confidence.
If you are missing teeth and find that your empty smile is negatively impacting your everyday life, dental implants may be the restoration solution you’ve been looking for. Grandon Village Dental is pleased to offer dental implants to our San Marcos patients. Let us help you restore your beautiful, functional smile!
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an innovative, modern way to replace a missing tooth or multiple teeth with. After an initial consultation and comprehensive diagnostic workup, your implants will be made at a state-of-the-art local laboratory and will then be expertly placed the dentists at Grandon Village Dental Office.
During the placement procedure, Dr. Bailey embeds an implant post into the jawbone, providing a sturdy foundation for the replacement teeth to be permanently attached. Once the post has fused correctly with the jaw, an abutment is placed, creating the connection for the prosthetic tooth. Once the crown is placed, patients are left with a great looking smile.
Unlike other restoration options, dental implants offer patients with a smile that is natural, functional, and low maintenance. Additional benefits include:
• Bone preservation: dental implants stimulate the jawbone like natural teeth, reducing jawbone atrophy.
• Teeth alignment preservation: the implants prevent surrounding teeth from shifting, maintaining your original teeth alignment.
• Long term investment: As dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth restoration, receiving dental implants saves you money by lasting longer than conventional restorations (i.e., bridges and crowns), requiring less dental work and replacement costs in future.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
During an initial consultation, our San Marcos team can determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants. Dental implants are a great option for people who have experienced:
• Significant tooth fractures, including fractures at the gum line, vertical fractures, or particularly large fractures.
• Decayed or infected teeth, particularly when restorative work has left them structurally compromised
• Teeth that have undergone a failed root canal.
Another consideration is how a restored smile will make you feel. Missing or damaged teeth can undermine your self-confidence and self-esteem. If you feel frustrated with your damaged or missing teeth, dental implants help you regain confidence in your smile.
Grandon Village Dental Can Help
San Marcos dentists Dr. Gerald Bailey and Dr. Thi Thi Phan have over 40 years of combined experience diagnosing and treating patients. Known for their great chair-side manner, both dentists enjoy meeting with patients to develop a treatment plan for that considers your dental needs and cosmetic dreams.
Dental implants are a great solution to missing or damaged teeth. In no time, you’ll be happy with your smile and able to eat the foods you love. Contact Grandon Village Dental today to schedule an appointment to discuss your options for missing teeth.